Recently I was struggling to open Large CSV files and I was using Excel 2013 on Windows 7 64-bit machine.When I was opening big CSV it was throwing error.
With Excel 2013,it is said that the limit is now gone the only restriction is your machines memory. However, you can still not edit the raw data, only handle (DAX) and aggregate (pivot tables) them! The row limit in Excel 2013 is still 1,048,576.
At that point I started searching for Software which can open large file,then I came across Delimit and it was very helpful.
Features are as follow:
- Quickly open any delimited data file.
- Edit any cell.
- Easily convert files from one delimiter to another like CSV to TAB.
- Split-up any delimited file into file parts of equal size.
- Join multiple delimited files into one resulting file.
- Quickly select which columns to extract and in which order.
- Extract data from any delimited file by specifying the columns,rows and/or filter to apply.
- Sort any delimited data file based on cell content.
- Remove duplicate rows based on user specified columns.
- Bookmark any cell for quick subsequent access.
- Open large delimited data files; 100s of MBs or GBs in size!
- Open data files up to 2 billion rows and 2 million columns large!
- Work with: character delimited, string delimited, fixed column width or just plain text files.
- Quickly see all your bookmarks, double-click to jump to any of them or click to rename.
- Keep track of long running operations.
- Keep track of the current selection.
- Scroll to any part of the file or split the view into multiple panes.
- Freeze the 1st row of any file.
- Open multiple files and quickly switch between them.
- Configure built-in and custom file delimitation rules for automatic parsing of files.
It is available with 15 day free Trial and can be downloaded from http://www.delimitware.com/
Other option to open big file is Sublime Text.It is a proprietary cross-platform source code editor with a Python application programming interface.Click here to download.