There is change in 3rd Party tracking server of Adobe Analytics implementation.
The good news is that the older one and the new one both will work as expected so don’t get confused by that.
Old naming tracking server : namespace.sc.omtrdc.net New naming tracking server : namespace.data.adobedc.net
As an example(if namespace is *** ):
Old naming tracking server : ***.sc.omtrdc.net New naming tracking server : ***.data.adobedc.net
Both will work and they are Regional Data Center(RDC)!
The organization may already be using a 3rd party tracking server in the sc.omtrdc.net or 2o7.net domains. These were primarily used in previous versions of Adobe Analytics and are still valid.
If you are using Adobe Launch as TMS.
Tracking Server is a field under the General accordion when configuring the Adobe Analytics extension.
- Log in to launch.adobe.com using your AdobeID credentials.
- Click the desired property.
- Go to the Extensions tab, then click the Configure button under Adobe Analytics.
- Expand the General accordion, which reveals the Tracking Server field
If this field is left blank, it defaults to [rsid].data.adobedc.net.
- Tracking server: namespacenamespace.sc.omtrdc.net
- The heartbeat tracking server: namespacenamespace.hb.omtrdc.net
- For API Collection Server use: namespacenamespace.hb-api.omtrdc.net
Feel free to comment if you have question/doubt!